Reminiscing

So, I've been looking back over several of my earlier posts and it's made me quite sentimental. Also, I really wish I'd had my "good" camera back when I first started this blog. The little mouse ornament I made would've benefited from it so much!! I can't believe how bad the lighting is in most of my old pictures! And I was always so satisfied with myself for playing around with my little Nikon point and shoot to get just the right settings. Ha! Shows how much I knew.

Don't get me wrong, that camera gave me tons of great pictures. It's just that the lighting in my old house was horrible, especially if the sun wasn't shining.

Nevertheless, there have been several changes in my life since I last wrote to y'all, many moons ago. My husband graduated cum laude (only one in his program) with a Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology. I quit my job as a newborn nursery/post-partum nurse. We MOVED to Tennessee (which is why I quit my job)!! My hubby started a very promising new job at a company much like the one he was working for in Louisiana. And now, we are living in my in-laws' basement until our house back home sells. I am job-hunting, although I haven't been hitting the applications too hard, until recently anyway. I've now reached the point where I'm over the whole "I don't have to go to work, I can do whatever I want" phase and on to the "I don't have to go to work but I'm bored out of my ever-lovin' mind" phase. Ha!

I have a few promising avenues that I'm praying about but nothing definite yet. I just know that I do NOT want to go back to the 12 hour shift, every-other-weekend, whatever-holiday-they-decide-you-should-work routine. So we'll see where God places me. I'm looking forward to what He has in store for our future!

Y'all have a great day!!

Comments

  1. So glad you're back!! I've missed reading all about your life and feeling a little like I was there with you. Hope to visit you in Tn soon and I'll be praying about both the house and the job situations. His plans are such good ones that I can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, nice blog you have here! Convey my congratulations to your husband, and good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, how time flies!

Hello? It's me again!

Happy Birthday, Honey!